Join the Fort Worth Intelligence Exchange (FW INTEX) to help ensure a safer Homeland The Fort Worth Intelligence Exchange (FW INTEX) private sector program is provided as a free public service, designed to enhance communication and information sharing between law enforcement, public safety organizations and the private sector.
CONTACT INFORMATIONFirst Name: *Last Name: *Position/Title/Rank: *Are you sworn law enforcement? *Yes No Phone Work: *Mobile Phone: Email Address: * (Agency/Organization Email Addresses Only)Please re-type your email address: *Address: *City: *County: *
AGENCY / ORGANIZATIONAgency/Organization Name: *SUPERVISOR CONTACTFull Name*Supervisor's Title*Phone Work:* Supervisor's Email Address:* (Agency/Organization Email Addresses Only)WEBSITE ACCESSPassword: *Create a password for site access / modify your contact information(min 8 characters; 1 numeric, 1 special)NATURE OF BUSINESSDescription is required to substantiate the need for inclusion in the FW INTEXFaith Based OrganizationEducational InstitutionRetail OrganizationPrivate BusinessPublic Safety GovernmentOther (specify below)
DESCRIPTION OF FACILITY OR NATURE OF BUSINESS* Description is required to substantiate the need for inclusion in the FW INTEX
All registration information is considered strictly confidential and will not be shared.
Safeguarding Sensitive but Unclassified Information // For Official Use Only (FOUO)
FOUO is the marking used by DHS to identify Sensitive but UNCLASSIFIED information within the DHS community, the unauthorized disclosure of which could adversely impact a person's privacy or welfare, the conduct of federal programs, or other operations essential to the national interest and that is not otherwise covered by a statute or regulation.
Other government agencies and international organizations frequently use different terms to identify sensitive information, such as "Limited Official Use" (LOU), "Official Use Only'' (OUO), and in some instances"Law Enforcement Sensitive" (LES). In most instances the safeguarding requirements for this type of information are equivalent to FOUO.
However, other agencies and international organizations may have additional requirements concerning the safeguarding of their sensitive information. When available, follow the safeguarding guidance provided by the other agency or organization. Should no guidance be available the information will be safeguarded in accordance with FOUO guidance provided in this document.
It is not permitted to mark information as FOUO to conceal government negligence, ineptitude,or other disreputable circumstances embarrassing to a government agency.
Information determined to be FOUO will be sufficiently marked so that persons granted access to it are aware of its sensitivity and protection requirements. At a minimum, it is to be marked on the bottom of each page "FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY." Materials containing specific types of FOUO information can be further marked with an applicable caveat, e.g."LAW ENFORCEMENT SENSITIVE," in order to alert the reader of the type of information conveyed. Additional access and dissemination restrictions may also be cited as the situation warrants.
Markings typically associated with classified information such as originator information, downgrading instructions, and date/event markings are not required on FOUO documents.
Access and Dissemination
FOUO information may be shared with other agencies, federal, state, private sector, or local government and law enforcement officials, provided a need-to-know has been established and the information is shared in the furtherance of an official government activity, to include homeland defense, and no additional dissemination restrictions have been cited by the originator.
FOUO information may be transmitted over official email channels. However, it shall not be sent to personal email accounts. For added security when transmitting FOUO information by email, password protected attachments may be used with the password transmitted or otherwise communicated separately.
FOUO information may be mailed by regular US Postal Service first class mail or any commercial mailing service.
FOUO information should not be entered or posted on on any public website.
FOUO information should not be posted in areas accessible to the public or people who do not have a "right to know" (such as janitorial workers/inmates).
When unattended, FOUO information shall be stored in a locked filing cabinet, locked desk drawer, a locked overhead storage compartment such as systems furniture credenza, or a similar locked compartment.
Information can also be stored in a room or area that has sufficient physical access control measures to afford adequate protection and prevent unauthorized access by members of the public,visitors, or other persons without the need-to-know, such as a locked room or an area where access is controlled by a guard, cipher lock, or card reader.
Hard copy FOUO materials will be destroyed by shredding, burning, pulping, or pulverizing, sufficient to assure destruction beyond recognition and reconstruction.
After destruction, materials may be disposed of with normal waste.
Electronic storage media shall be sanitized appropriately by overwriting or degaussing.
Paper products or electronic media containing FOUO information will not be disposed of in regular trash or recycling receptacles unless the materials have been destroyed as specified above.
Compromise, suspected compromise, and suspicious or inappropriate requests for FOUO information shall be reported to the INTEX.
Additional guidance or assistance can be obtained by contacting the INTEX at(817) 392-4697 email@example.com.
AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THE FORT WORTH INTELLIGENCE EXCHANGE (INTEX)
1. I hereby accept the obligations contained in this Agreement in consideration of my being granted access to FOUO information. As used in this agreement, FOUO information may be marked or unmarked, and may include oral communications, under the standards of the INTEX. I understand and accept that by being granted access to FOUO information, special confidence and trust is being placed in me by the INTEX.
2. I hereby acknowledge that I have read the above statement, titled "Safeguarding Sensitive but Unclassified Information" and that I understand the nature and protection of FOUO information, including the procedures to be followed in ascertaining whether other persons to whom I contemplate disclosing this information have been approved for access to it, and that I understand these procedures. I also acknowledge that I have been advised that the INTEX adheres to 28 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) Part 23 guidelines and to the Texas Public Information Act, with respect to criminal intelligence files, and will only share criminal intelligence information with other law enforcement agencies that adhere to the same guidelines.
3. I have been advised that the unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized retention, or negligent handling of FOUO information by me could cause damage or irreparable injury to the INTEX. I hereby agree that I will never divulge FOUO information to anyone unless: (a) I have officially verified that the recipient has been properly authorized by the INTEX to receive it; or (b) I have been given prior authorization from the agency responsible for the information that such disclosure is permitted; or (c) the recipient has the "need to know" in order to perform their official, public safety duties. I understand that if I am uncertain about the classification status or handling control authority of information received from the INTEX, I am required to confirm from an authorized INTEX official that the information is FOUO before I may disclose it, except to a person as provided in (a) or (b)above.
4. I have been advised that any breach of this Agreement may result in the termination of my affiliation with the INTEX and the Fusion Liaison Officer Program.
5. I have read this agreement carefully and my questions, if any, have been answered.